For matcha lovers, this sweet nokcha is perfect whilst having a cuppa of warm matcha latte. The cake is simplistic yet it has a very sweet and distinct taste profile whilst retaining all the renowned health benefit of matcha making it perfect for any body with diabetes. Ofcourse, you can tailor to the quantity of sugar to suit your desired level of sweetness.
3 eggs1/2 cup of superfine sugar.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 teaspoons of Supreme Ocha Ceremonial-grade Matcha Green Tea powder
Cream cheese frosting (optional, consider the frosting if you plan to use little to no sugar.)
Steps to Make It
1. Begin by turning the oven on and preheating it to 350 F.
2. Then, in a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil together until the resulting mixture is fluffy and light.
3. Gently stir Greek yoghurt into the mixture. Greek yogurt has several health benefits ranging from high protein content and probiotics which are great for balancing gut bacteria.
4. After stirring the yogurt, get a separate bowl, and then sift the flour, baking powder, and green tea powder together.
5. Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet sugar-yogurt mixture.
6. Pour the resulting cake batter into a greased cake pan, smoothing out the top until level.
7. Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. If there's batter on the pick, keep the cake in the oven for a few more minutes, checking periodically until it's done.
8. If you're using cream cheese frosting instead of sugar, wait for the cake to cool down before icing it.
Discover more health benefits about matcha and get 20% OFF your matcha powder for a limited time only!